It's pumpkin season! It's time to start each day with a little punch of pumpkin. Whip up some pumpkin pancakes full of sweetness and spice.
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, buttermilk, vanilla and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix.
- Add flour and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly mix it in until combined.
- Let batter sit on counter for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat pan to medium heat. Add oil to the pan if needed. Spoon pancake batter into the hot pan and let cook until little bubbles appear throughout. Flip and finish cooking.
- Top with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!